Close

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Operations Leader

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    3,012
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Fiverr: Easy Money

    Sup peeps,

    I bring this up as there's quite a few people in the community that have skills in various industries.

    Anyone who hasn't heard of Fiverr should probably check it out.

    https://www.fiverr.com/

    Basically, you offer to do a job for $5. And no, @Atreyu's mother doesn't have a store yet ().

  2. Thanks lolensaken, bendylegs12 thanked for this post
  3. #2
    Owner

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,514
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
    Sup peeps,

    I bring this up as there's quite a few people in the community that have skills in various industries.

    Anyone who hasn't heard of Fiverr should probably check it out.

    https://www.fiverr.com/

    Basically, you offer to do a job for $5. And no, @Atreyu's mother doesn't have a store yet ().
    I almost got banned from there. Someone took my money and said they would do one thing then did another! I went into Fiverr arbitration and they let the person keep it. So I said "Thats fine Fiverr; but you still owe me money cause in the states I am owed a duty of care." and had to paypal their arse.

    They closed my account for a while till they gave up trying to fight me on Paypal. They shockingly re-opened my Fiverr account. I found out later that they are an Isreal company with HQ in the US. They got out...

  4. #3
    Operations Leader

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    3,012
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any online companies you don't have standing arbitration with though...? :P

  5. Thanks lolensaken thanked for this post
  6. #4
    LoL Division
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    154
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goshawk i'll give you 5$ if you make that singing video you promised and never made.
    The Smash Prodigy Himself, Zero Suit Slammus.

  7. Thanks Goshawk thanked for this post
  8. #5
    Operations Leader

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    3,012
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc6527 View Post
    Goshawk i'll give you 5$ if you make that singing video you promised and never made.
    Lmfao. Lies and slander. I said no such thing

  9. #6
    Owner

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,514
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
    Are there any online companies you don't have standing arbitration with though...? :P
    Haha, It's only the foreign ones. I think it's a difference in business ethics. I think (warning incoming theory), that they are used to consumers with a "Eh, win some and lose some" philosophy, where I am used to the "Do whats right by the consumer." I practice that in my own business, so I kind of expect that back.

  10. Thanks Goshawk thanked for this post
  11. #7
    Operations Leader

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    3,012
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachetePanda View Post
    Haha, It's only the foreign ones. I think it's a difference in business ethics. I think (warning incoming theory), that they are used to consumers with a "Eh, win some and lose some" philosophy, where I am used to the "Do whats right by the consumer." I practice that in my own business, so I kind of expect that back.
    I suppose. I generally have a ton of issues with Canadian companies (and some US ones). I think they're used to customers being polite to the point of rolling over and taking it (with no lube). Nothing else explains the state of our telecommunications industry.

    I always get so much resistance and hostility when I refuse to let it go when a company fucks up. I ride them on it. Aggressively and mercilessly. If for no other reason than I KNOW there's SO many people that just let these companies walk all over them.

    Gotta say though, I've always had better experience with the American companies. Especially when I'm in America. I think they're used to people threatening them with lawsuits.

  12. Thanks MachetePanda thanked for this post


Thread Footer

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •