Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFO Fails - Panda Cleans Up

As most of you may know NFO had a security breach. Their highly advanced method of relying on no security except Internap failed them. Aparently a ton of passwords and data was pulled out and it is starting to sound like this included billing information. Luckily wD wasnt stupid enough to trust NFO with a credit card so we are protected by PayPal and their policies.

So, I want to let everyone know that all passwords and access and all on the Game server has been fully reset. All persons have been removed from Panel access till they email me that they have changed their NFO log in password and I will add them back. Thanks guys and sorry to our hard working Server Managers for the major disruption. Obviously we need to keep your hard work safe.

EDIT: Also note that if you have EVER registered with NFO and did the extremely dumb thing of using that same password in more than one place... change the passwords in those locations too.
    Last edited by MachetePanda; 08-03-2015 at 09:46 AM.

2. Thanks Goshawk, SteveMagic, Super Cats thanked for this post
    Recruitment Officer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats this?

NFO screwed up again?

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS.

SARCASM
    sometimes i wonder if im ever alone.

4. Thanks lolensaken, Goshawk thanked for this post
    Operations Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalgiraffE66 View Post
    Whats this?

NFO screwed up again?

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS.

SARCASM
    Trust me. I was as shocked as you are

MOAR SARCASM!

Server Administrator
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes it makes me wonder why we invest in NFO, but I also don't know much any details so haven't really bothered to question.

7. Thanks Goshawk thanked for this post
    Owner

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA theguy View Post
    Sometimes it makes me wonder why we invest in NFO, but I also don't know much any details so haven't really bothered to question.
    They use internap which is an amazing ISP(Internet Service Provider) that carries 13 ISC(Internet Service Carriers) in New York City. This gives us speeds, and massive protection from DDoS that we cant get with other carriers. For the most Part the only thing NFO has done is carried internap. They made a control panel, but that thing is years old and out dated. They say they are constantly working on it, but its clear they cant keep up. So the only thing that is left that is good about them is getting Internap for about 1/8th the price Internap normally costs.

9. Thanks Goshawk thanked for this post
    Operations Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA theguy View Post
    It's not so much 'is NFO good'. It's more that pretty much every other GSP sucks worse. And like Machete said... they suck more AND don't use premium bandwidth via Internap.

Only change we could make would be changing our TS3 server to Typefrag. They shit all over NFO for voice comms, but they're almost twice the price.

That being said... if TS3 keeps dropping / getting shite quality... may be good to take another look at Typefrag.

11. Thanks MachetePanda thanked for this post
    Owner

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
    It's not so much 'is NFO good'. It's more that pretty much every other GSP sucks worse. And like Machete said... they suck more AND don't use premium bandwidth via Internap.

Only change we could make would be changing our TS3 server to Typefrag. They shit all over NFO for voice comms, but they're almost twice the price.

That being said... if TS3 keeps dropping / getting shite quality... may be good to take another look at Typefrag.
    Is TS3 dropping a lot?

Joke about Internap... the shear size of their bandwidth is a large protection against DDoS alone; even with out mitigation hardware. So, "DDoS against Internap in most cases is like throwing a sausage down a hall way. Internap doesn't feel a thing, looks behind them at the DDoS'er and says 'Are you done yet?'"

Operations Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachetePanda View Post
    Is TS3 dropping a lot?

Joke about Internap... the shear size of their bandwidth is a large protection against DDoS alone; even with out mitigation hardware. So, "DDoS against Internap in most cases is like throwing a sausage down a hall way. Internap doesn't feel a thing, looks behind them at the DDoS'er and says 'Are you done yet?'"
    Both our TS3 and another TS3 I've been chilling on lately (both via NFO... other one in Chicago, not NYC) have been shit quality sporadically. Degraded audio / disconnects.

Accumulated time-wise? Probably an hour or two of shit quality / month.

Division Manager

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
    Both our TS3 and another TS3 I've been chilling on lately (both via NFO... other one in Chicago, not NYC) have been shit quality sporadically. Degraded audio / disconnects.

Accumulated time-wise? Probably an hour or two of shit quality / month.
    Well, could this explain why CSGO wont work properly for me right now? Audio cuts out often, I drop major frames, and my mouse sensitivity drops to like 1? I'll try playing it today when I'm not in TeamSpeak.
    Secure a legacy that will never die, be Immortalized! -Disturbed

15. Thanks MachetePanda thanked for this post
    Operations Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSteveMagic View Post
    Well, could this explain why CSGO wont work properly for me right now? Audio cuts out often, I drop major frames, and my mouse sensitivity drops to like 1? I'll try playing it today when I'm not in TeamSpeak.
    Uh, nothing that happens with the TS3 server would affect your local settings / gameplay.

It's a network issue specific to NFO or Internap or both.

That being said, if you have like.... 2-4gb of RAM.. and a single core Pentium 3...... Sure. But that would be TS3 whether it was connected to a server or not :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Footer