Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two long years..

Today marks the day that I decided to finally register an account here and apply to become a wD member back in 2013.
    Back then things were great we had a very good and thriving community that was full of cheerful people and spiteful stabbing on our lone TTT server.
    I've really enjoyed being in this community for the two years that I have stayed.
    I've had a great time interacting with people and playing with them with mostly minimal hostilities.
    A lot of good people have gone and moved on to other communities and/or other games and now it's my turn.

Unfortunately my interest in Garry's Mod has deteriorated quite a bit over the years, mostly because I played the game too god damn much, but also because my favorite people just stopped playing and most of them have left and community for other things. After that our server activity dropped to very low levels to the point where almost no one comes on at all. At this point it became a challenge to populate the servers. Jazz and I would spend a couple hours each day switching between deathrun and TTT inviting all our friends and wD members hoping that we could keep the activity up and going, but the dedication I saw and loved in my earlier times just seems to have disappeared. After that, I lost faith in the population of the servers and got bored/tired of trying myself. I would always wait for people to join so I could join in with them. This happened a couple times but normally after I would join people would get bored and leave. On another note, I already get home at around 7:30 PM everyday with the exception of the weekends which I most likely will be away from home during. This makes it hard for me to even be able to be active on the servers in the first place because the first thing I have to do when I get home is do school work then after that I'm just too tired to play or I really don't feel like playing Garry's Mod. With all these factors in place led to my total inactivity.
    I would like to be able to suggest things that we could make or work on but to be honest I'm all out of ideas and so far I have not seen any promising multiplayer games that I would enjoy and I think others would enjoy playing for long periods of time. Along with that, with me getting older I have to start worrying about things like my career and actually doing school work.

I would like to apologize for the dumb things I have done mostly in the past (2013) most of it was just me trying to make things more lively and fun but it didn't end up working out or people took it as a threat/misinterpreted it.

Anyway I think that's all I have to say for now.. Good luck with the community and such, have fun, stay healthy, don't be a lazy bum like me. See ya guys around..

This sloth is signing out-

Last edited by Saloth; 07-26-2015 at 03:31 PM.
    I take things too seriously.
    I also go by the name SavvyKat

GMod Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    bye... (10 chars)
    a Wanted Enju! wD. Enju is a Traitor! *dead*

3. Thanks Saloth thanked for this post
    Operations Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sloth edit. *Claps* I've never been more freaked out in my life.

Seriously though, thank you for the hard work you've put in over the years. And everyone does silly things sometimes. Pretty sure everyone here is over it.

Enjoy wherever your travels take you

5. Thanks SteveMagic, MachetePanda, Saloth thanked for this post
    LoL Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been good knowing and playing games with you for 2 years, bye Salad D:

7. Thanks Saloth thanked for this post
    GMod Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So long friend.
    It's been great playing with you and having you as a friend the past year or so.

Also,
    Thank you for all the time you put into Garry's Mod! You did great as an admin and we appreciate everything you've brought to wD Gaming.

I hope to see you around every now and then. Take care and feel free to come back any time!
    "You miss 100% of the chances you don't take."

9. Thanks Saloth thanked for this post
    GMod Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly Gmod is dead to me as well which is why I don't hop on anymore here either. It was great hopping on having Addict as tags and Black Ice, Kitty, and Gen as mods/admins.

Anywho, see ya man. Fun to play with all these years and abuse you

11. Thanks usmc6527, Super Cats, Saloth thanked for this post
    Server Administrator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bye...Miss those GMod days too, was a lot of fun. Too bad so many people left. Enjoy.
    jmgebhard wuz here

13. Thanks Saloth thanked for this post
    Server Administrator
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bye Sally. Never did I call you Sloth, you were one of my bffof's back then and made gmod fun. Sad to see you go but I understand your reason. Hope we still hangout and stuff.

Glub ya
    "Cowards die many times before their deaths: The valiant never taste of death but once."- William Shakespeare

15. Thanks Saloth thanked for this post
    LoL Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Saloth, Salooth, Salad, where do I begin? For starters, I should start by thanking you for giving me the even more ridiculous nickname of Floofy, since my name wasn't already ridiculous enough to begin with.

I know you and I have had our ups and downs since we met, and I know we haven't said a word to one another for quite a while now, but your presence will still be surely missed. We definitely did not see eye to eye too much, but that is come to be expected when working with people so far apart in age.

Nonetheless, you were a great member and a great player to have on our GMod servers, with the exception of a few times that you got yourself karma banned (with a few being a fair amount xD). Even though we didn't get along all that much, I still trusted in you enough to be an admin for the GMod community, a decision to this day I have not regret. You have proven your dedication to this community in more ways than one, and you will be surely missed.

Unfortunately, GMod seems to have become a staple game from yesteryear. Too many people have moved on to other sandbox games and GMod is kind of just left on the back-burner, so it is not surprising that our GMod division has dwindled this far. Though I wish that was not the case since we have had some great memories in that game.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and I hope you manage to find somewhere else to fill the void that this community cannot. You will be truly missed and you will always be welcome here if you ever wish to return.

Farewell to the Salliest of Sloths.

"Huc venite iuvenes ut exeatis viri. Come here as boys so you may leave as men."

17. Thanks Saloth thanked for this post
    LoL Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll miss you Saloth, feel free to come around whenever you want. Stay Gucci man.
    The Smash Prodigy Himself, Zero Suit Slammus.

19. Thanks Saloth thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Footer