Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Closed Beta] - Minecraft Suggestions

Post Suggestions here.

Making announcement post on our new MC servers soon.

2. Thanks MachetePanda, Saloth thanked for this post
    GMod Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Plugin that drops players heads when they are killed

Dynamic map

reduce faction teleports to 3 seconds like every other teleport

make a pve world/other server cause I just want to build and play with redstone ;p

remove the fireworks that spawn in mcmmo
    Last edited by Saloth; 02-01-2015 at 01:00 PM.
    I take things too seriously.
    I also go by the name SavvyKat

4. Thanks MachetePanda, Russianflood thanked for this post
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get rid of tags in chat and let colors define ranks. (member = &5 purple mod = &b aqua admin = &4 red, etc.)

I've used PlayerHeads for PvP heads don't remember if it works for 1.8.1 but it should.

Nobody likes to read signs, use HolographicDisplays for tutorials and make a quiz so people can't just run to the end. I would use VariableTriggers for this. It also has a lot more cool features.

I already talked to you about balancing mcmmo pvp abilities, but here's a reminder
    Here's OnTime which might have some issues with 1.8, but the dev is running beta testing for an update.

Disable /tpa and /ptp(mcmmo party tp) and add inviting people to your home. Teleporting directly to players will never work out well for PvP.

I would have biome teleports send you to the edge of the protected zone, it's a drag to have to walk a hundred blocks out, especially in hilly terrain.

Voting on server lists should be implemented before launching. It takes a long time to get up those lists.

GUI implementation is nice, but I think there should still be a physical place you can go to buy items. Chestshop works well for this.

NoCheat+ works well for hack prevention. You'll need cncp as well since you're running mcmmo. Spigot comes with its own Orebfuscator so you won't need that.

You might want to get a nice chat plugin with bungee cross server chat support for when you add more servers.

I'd greatly reduce the cash rewards from killing mobs, and remove it completely from killing players unless you can do that through factions. Mob farms would make getting rich too easy and you can just farm a friend for cash.

Note on VIP kits: You CANNOT sell in game items for real life money at all per the EULA
    https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk...-follow-up-qa/
    Basically you can only sell cosmetic things and you can't buy in game money with real life money.
    Cosmetic perks I can think of off the top of my head are:
    - Using color text in chat
    - Being able to change the color of your name tag
    - Being able to wear blocks as hats
    - Different color name in chat
    - Name changing should be fine, but IMO that can get confusing and might be used to troll. Best to have a black list of names of staff members/minecraft famous people
    - Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Ocelots as pets are purely cosmetic are they not?
    - A pet plugin for donators only would work as long as the pets just follow you around and dont do anything (myPet/EchoPet)
    EDIT: you should also clean up the MC forum. A lot of now irrelevant information is stickied
    Last edited by sharqman; 02-01-2015 at 01:53 AM.

6. Thanks MachetePanda, Goshawk, Saloth thanked for this post
    Battlefield 4 Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add another server besides the PVE That is creative mode using plotme or something like that C:
    Irish!

8. Thanks MachetePanda, Goshawk, Saloth thanked for this post
    Operations Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the great ideas people.

And Sharqman, I'd have to speak with Machete, and I do NOT speak for wD Gaming when I say this... But personally I don't give a single shit about Mojang or their EULA in regards to that. As for Microsoft, they seem to be keeping pretty arms length from Minecraft in regards to EULA's / TOS's.

And it's currently a moot point as we are in beta and are not currently taking payments for MC servers until we've fully evaluated feasibility as well as possible legal ramifications.

Honestly, (and again personally), I'd rather take a wet shit on the EULA and hire a lawyer to deal with the issues if Mojang actually said anything / sued. But eh, that's just my love for Notch and the pile of shit company that he made Mojang into. Hoping Microsoft moves in with massive lay-offs at some point and brings their own team in.

Because fuck Mojang.

Again, personal thoughts here, but pretty sure anyone who's dealt with their customer service / utter lack of care for gamers in general..... Probably doesn't overly argue with my statements here.

10. Thanks MachetePanda, sharqman, Irishmafiawku thanked for this post
    Battlefield 4 Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed 100% Goshawk EULA Can go fall off a space ship carying a tug boat tugging the disney dream with 100000 more passengers than should be aboard while cooking steak. Did i mention it was in the lower atmosphere
    Irish!

12. Thanks MachetePanda thanked for this post
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, Mojang made billions of dollars off minecraft due to volunteer programmers and they thank the community by telling them they can't make money or even just fund their servers. Not to mention the DMCA take down bukkit had a few months ago. Honestly Minecraft and Mojang would be nothing without the programmers that weren't getting payed to do the work they did.

Mojang probably would never know about our server breaking it's EULA unless an angry player went to them and we have plenty of spiteful ex-members that would do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio Auditore Da Firenze
    Those who follow orders unquestioning them are as bad as those who order them.

14. Thanks MachetePanda thanked for this post
    GMod Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Allow usage of TNT and Pistons out of claimed land

and or remove grief protection

Add a world boarder which will prevent people from loading too many chunk, reduce lag, and make things more exciting in terms of pvp and base raiding

add a plugin that generates ores if we add a world boarder

Add some type of faction chat
    Last edited by Saloth; 02-01-2015 at 03:47 PM.
    I take things too seriously.
    I also go by the name SavvyKat

16. Thanks MachetePanda thanked for this post
    Operations Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqman View Post
    I agree, Mojang made billions of dollars off minecraft due to volunteer programmers and they thank the community by telling them they can't make money or even just fund their servers. Not to mention the DMCA take down bukkit had a few months ago. Honestly Minecraft and Mojang would be nothing without the programmers that weren't getting payed to do the work they did.

Mojang probably would never know about our server breaking it's EULA unless an angry player went to them and we have plenty of spiteful ex-members that would do so.
    We also have plenty of legal resources should that occur w/ Mojang. We would go incredibly public with "Mojang is suing for ...". The press for them would be awful. I'd dump money into that. As would a lot of our admins / members / Machete. Fuck Mojang.

Personally, I'd set a DMCA notice (from Mojang) on fire to watch it burn. Probably a good thing such a notice would go to Machete :P

Owner

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqman View Post
    Note on VIP kits: You CANNOT sell in game items for real life money at all per the EULA
    https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk...-follow-up-qa/
    Basically you can only sell cosmetic things and you can't buy in game money with real life money.
    Cosmetic perks I can think of off the top of my head are:
    - Using color text in chat
    - Being able to change the color of your name tag
    - Being able to wear blocks as hats
    - Different color name in chat
    - Name changing should be fine, but IMO that can get confusing and might be used to troll. Best to have a black list of names of staff members/minecraft famous people
    - Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Ocelots as pets are purely cosmetic are they not?
    - A pet plugin for donators only would work as long as the pets just follow you around and dont do anything (myPet/EchoPet)
    EDIT: you should also clean up the MC forum. A lot of now irrelevant information is stickied
    We dont plan on any pay-for-bells-and-whistles play for the foreseeable future. Right now we just want people to play and earn their VIP through time and killing monsters for cash and what not.

However, the Minecraft EULA speaks specifically to Minecraft based code. We are using Spigot and are very open about it. There is actually no code from Mojang that we are using, it's all Spigot.

If Mojang wants to challenge us on that... I welcome the press attention.

19. Thanks Saloth, sharqman thanked for this post

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Footer