Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vBulletin License

It has come to my attention that this website is somehow running under my vBulletin license. I have been informed that the vBulletin team is suspending the entire license and you will need to attach your own vBulletin license to the registration code here or the website may receive a DMCA notice. I look forward to hearing back as soon as possible.

Just to clarify, I did not ask them to suspend the license.
    Last edited by Sshado; 08-04-2014 at 11:35 PM.

GMod Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MachetePanda @Goshawk

Just figured I'd add you guys in a mention so you would see this ASAP. :P

Operations Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was unaware. @MachetePanda

This would be purely Machete's thing.
    Last edited by Goshawk; 08-05-2014 at 05:58 AM.

4. Thanks Atreyu thanked for this post
    Owner

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sshado View Post
    It has come to my attention that this website is somehow running under my vBulletin license. I have been informed that the vBulletin team is suspending the entire license and you will need to attach your own vBulletin license to the registration code here or the website may receive a DMCA notice. I look forward to hearing back as soon as possible.

Just to clarify, I did not ask them to suspend the license.
    I just checked the file and confirmed we are using my own key. I'm not sure how we would even get access to your key as you had the login info for the host and when the domain was transferred, so too was the host.

trolling?

Can you tell us who told you this?

EDIT: Just realized, your are probably getting trolled(if your not trolling us) and an easy way you can tell is that your license was for the forum aspect only and as you can see we have the suite.
    Last edited by MachetePanda; 08-05-2014 at 07:32 AM.

6. Thanks Saloth, Russianflood, Atreyu, Goshawk thanked for this post
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received a DMCA notice on my own website for the misuse of my license. I found out that the DMCA notice was bogus, so I contacted vBulletin regarding the situation to confirm it. They replied by suspending my license, and then claiming that wdgaming.net and worlddominance.org are both running on my license.
    They are absolutely trolling me, because wdgaming.net and worlddominance.org were not only never mentioned in the DMCA notice, but you are clearly not running software that would even be under my personal license.

I didn't come here to joke or upset at all. I was simply relaying what the vBulletin team told to me. Now I am attempting to figure out what kind of joke they're running to claim my license is on all of these other websites. It's interesting, because they never noticed or bothered to tell me until I had a complaint. Their refusal to provide any solid information is bothersome.

I appreciate your help, and I may be in contact with you to help me prove you're not running my license, as the Vbulletin team seems unwilling to make any effort.
    Last edited by Sshado; 08-05-2014 at 05:31 PM.

8. Thanks Saloth thanked for this post
    Owner

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received a DMCA notice on my own website for the misuse of my license. I found out that the DMCA notice was bogus, so I contacted vBulletin regarding the situation to confirm it. They replied by suspending my license, and then claiming that wdgaming.net and worlddominance.org are both running on my license.
    They are absolutely trolling me, because wdgaming.net and worlddominance.org were not only never mentioned in the DMCA notice, but you are clearly not running software that would even be under my personal license.

I didn't come here to joke or upset at all. I was simply relaying what the vBulletin team told to me. Now I am attempting to figure out what kind of joke they're running to claim my license is on all of these other websites. It's interesting, because they never noticed or bothered to tell me until I had a complaint. Their refusal to provide any solid information is bothersome.

I appreciate your help, and I may be in contact with you to help me prove you're not running my license, as the Vbulletin team seems unwilling to make any effort.
    Sorry to hear Sshado... What a bunch of lazy jerk offs, if they even bothered to check the actual license file(assuming they can) they would see its not the same... even more to the point... completely different packages.

Yeah man, tell them off... .org was on XenForo and .net is on vB Suite. Thanks for letting us know... we thought someone was trolling you to get to us.

BTW, you also want ot make sure you register your license to your new domain name on the client portal. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachetePanda View Post
    Sorry to hear Sshado... What a bunch of lazy jerk offs, if they even bothered to check the actual license file(assuming they can) they would see its not the same... even more to the point... completely different packages.

Yeah man, tell them off... .org was on XenForo and .net is on vB Suite. Thanks for letting us know... we thought someone was trolling you to get to us.

BTW, you also want ot make sure you register your license to your new domain name on the client portal. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.
    After a bit of hassling, they finally checked the websites. They immediately dropped the case. Sorry if this caused any annoyance to you! You might receive a DMCA notice from them or from the original source that sent it to me. If so, please disregard it - because they have confirmed that nobody is at fault.

Gotta say... the vBulletin team isn't what it used to be.

11. Thanks Goshawk thanked for this post
    Owner

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a bit of hassling, they finally checked the websites. They immediately dropped the case. Sorry if this caused any annoyance to you! You might receive a DMCA notice from them or from the original source that sent it to me. If so, please disregard it - because they have confirmed that nobody is at fault.

For sure... we are looking at DNN as an option. A large community plus its ASP.NET which leads into many other cool backend things. But vB 5 more or less was the last nail in the vB coffin.

13. Thanks Goshawk thanked for this post
    Operations Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Case in point on how broken copyright laws are in the US.

I'll be sure to take a giant **** on the notice if we receive it (and it's fraudulent and/or utterly inaccurate).

Hope we can be of help to you Sshado =)

Owner

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the real lesson here is that vBulletin doesn't actually have a real tracking system to protect their license from mis-use. They kind of look to see if another site that the person with the first license is using vBulletin and blindly take a shot in the dark that its the same and just act like they know its the same. They clearly have no way of checking on this stuff. Knowing this, is hilarious!

They bluffed on a hand and we called with a royal flush... and they had nothing, just wrong assumptions. So bad.

16. Thanks Atreyu, Goshawk thanked for this post

Thread Footer