Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Important!] Mediation Services

Good evening wD Gaming!

I've noticed a rather disturbing trend over the past few months and it requires a bit of a prelude so that we're all on the same page. So here goes.

-----

In society in general, it is my personal belief that a very large portion of fights and disagreements are solvable, even preventable.

Think of the last time you got into a verbal argument with someone, and it went down a road that hindsight tells you may not have been profitable for either of you. Profit here, of course, meaning financially, emotionally, spiritually or even in a karmic sense.

I have quite a few recent experiences that would fall into that category.

Now, think back, and ask yourself a question, "If there had been a third individual present with a set of rules to keep things calm, would the argument have gone out of control"? Obviously, there are a lot of situations where Nelson Mandela (Apartheid hero, RE: South Africa) himself couldn't mediate it. However, this post is to address those issues that can be fixed. That can make your life easier. That can make the world a better place, in theory.

As the previous paragraphs attest to, I am a huge fan of employing comprehensive mediation techniques in my own life, and that of the people around me. Below, I will explain a new wD Gaming project that may be of use. Or hell, it might not, but eh.

-----

So, how does this apply to a gaming community! Well, back to that 'disturbing trend' I mentioned at the top of this thread/book.

Out of the people who have quit wD Gaming for other communities / taken a break from gaming / etc, a large % of those I spoke with prior to writing this post... indicated that part of their leaving was due to some 'unsolvable' beef between them and another member(s).

I believe that we can increase membership / make TS3 a better place with the below policy, effective immediately:

Mediation Policy

Screw reporting! Borrow a mediator!

Effective immediately, if two or more members of World Dominance Gaming have an argument that can not be solved in a way that leaves all parties satisfied, they shall contact a mediator in a timely fashion for a resolution.

No punishments will be enacted against members until after mediation, if everyone affected is willing to sit down and discuss it. After that meeting, punishments will still be considered by green/red admins in conjunction with the mediator.

Some of our rules are not eligible for this policy. The list below may be modified at the discretion of Red level only:

- Racism and other derogatory behavior towards protected groups (with irrefutable proof)
    - Hacking / Cheating related offenses.
    - Excessively repeated offenses over a short time period.

Furthermore, on any reports on wD Gaming members (using our forms), my first question is going to be if the situation was mediated first.

This policy is not all-inclusive. Any disagreements on the spirit of this policy shall be resolved by Machetepanda or myself.

-----

I would like people who believe they are skilled in the following ways to PM me ASAP:

- Great people skills
    - Preference for management experience (IRL or online)
    - Comprehensive knowledge of psych 101 related material at a freshman university level. You need to be cognizant of common disorders that may make mediation easier. Also, knowledge of basic psychological principles are incredibly beneficial to effective mediation.
    - Professionalism. I expect anyone applying for this role to be capable of confidentiality to the max.

At current, mediator's for this policy are listed below. Post will be updated as things change:

- Machetepanda
    - Goshawk

Thread is being locked. Any suggetions / comments may be forwarded to Machetepanda / Goshawk. Copy us both on all communications in regards to this.

Thanks for reading this book

Cheers

2. Thanks Atreyu, ratdog45 thanked for this post
    Operations Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, to clarify, the word Mediation is being used. IE, to mediate between two people / parties.

Different word from meditate, Ie, to go 'oooooom' for a few hours. LOL

4. Thanks Atreyu, butters38247, ratdog45 thanked for this post
    GMod Division
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BUMP

So I was directed to this post recently and I feel it's something that would be worth looking into at some point due to how some of our members tend to deal with their issues between one another.

I feel a lot of issues that go on are somewhat immature / childish and can be dealt with easily.
    While others such as bullying / harassment are quite an issue that mediating could handle in most cases by having a third party.

While we don't control what people do on the internet. We do control what goes on in our servers and such things as listed above aren't tolerated but can be avoided in most cases.

Moral of the story here is that I want to turn..

into

Sorry for making cancerous references but it was rather appropriate.
    Last edited by Atreyu; 11-04-2014 at 04:53 AM.
    "You miss 100% of the chances you don't take."

6. Thanks Fluffypuffsr, Epsilon thanked for this post

Thread Footer